May 6, 2013

New Encouraging Series :: Sequoia Sentiments

Chamel's Creations::Scripture Encouragement

Hello everyone and I pray that all is well!  I'm excited to start the new series "Sequoia Sentiments" for the month of May.  So you may have wondered why I have chosen the six specific scriptures that I currently offer for my Sequoia collection.  This series will give you insight on my selection of these six, personal reference to each one, and a way to encourage each of you!  I pray that you will find these scriptures uplifting and perhaps share your favorite and how it has enpowered you.

To start the series,we will take a look at Proverbs 3: 5-6:


Proverbs 3:5-6 is my favorite scripture because it reminds me that I'm not in control and that EVERYTHING is under God's control.  The last two years have been a whirl-wind for my family and I must admit that I have struggled for a long time with letting go and giving everything to God.  I was raised to be very independent, hard work, achiever, and taught to trust God!  I'm thankful that my parents raised me this way, but I found that it wasn't until I got older and started to go through somethings for me to realize that I wasn't truly honoring God's word.  In every circumstance, I thought I had a solution that would work and majority of the time I would pray that God would bless what I wanted.  I never took the time to see if I was being obedient and praying that HIS will be done.  That was the problem....doing my own will!

 I eventually came to the point where I was tired of banging my head on the wall ("throwing in the towel") or rather these so called quick fixes. Through the support of my sister, Chantel, she helped me to realize that I was running out of towels ("How many towels do you have Chamel?" LOL) and that I couldn't live the life God had promised me until I SURRENDERED all to him.  I started praying and studying more and God led me to Proverbs 3:5-6.  The words were so clear to me...I could finally understand them!  Sometimes you don't understand the meaning of a scripture until you through something....helps grow your faith.  My heart's desire is to give God with EVERYTHING and not to get consumed with knowing all the answers.  My job is to TRUST and let him work it all out!  I pray that you will take some time to ponder on this scripture and allow it to minister to your heart! Just take life one day at a time....God doesn't expect us to be perfect, but to make progress.  Choose to surrender all and TRUST HIM 100%.

Checkout more Sequoia sentiment posts here.


4 comments:

  1. following you!

    fashion-hermite.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis-in-Christ, I wanted to show my support and follow your blog. Please return the love and follow mine http://msjrivers.blogspot.com God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AJ and look forward to visiting your blog! Be blessed!

      Delete